*I have worked with several people from Canada, where they celebrate Thanksgiving in October. Can’t let them think they haven’t properly trained me.
I am especially grateful this year. Here’s what’s high on my “thankful” list:
- My family. It’s been amazing to spend more time with my brother, sister-in-law and their five kids! It’s also been fun having family living in the same city: that’s you, LaNeff. I’m looking forward to seeing more of my family in the coming year.
- My friends, old and new. Staying in touch with friends from Seattle has been easier—and harder—than I thought it would be. I love reconnecting with old college friends living in Colorado while still keeping strong ties to my Pacific Northwest peeps.
- My writing peers who offer encouragement and a kick in the pants—and sometimes both at the same time.
- My clients, who inspire me, challenge me and pay on time.
- My honey, who supports me, encourages me, tolerates my magazine obsession and keeps me laughing.
- Cashmere wrist warmers. I can cover my freezing hands and still type.
- You, for reading, commenting and sharing your experiences.
Whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving, I’d love to know this: What’s kept you going in 2009? Please share in the comments.
Photo attribution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/papazimouris/ / CC BY-NC-SA 2.0