I have loved magazines as long as I can remember. My grandfather always had stacks of magazines around the house—and it’s clear he shared his habit with me. While I don’t regularly read any of the four titles (Gourmet, Cookie and two bridal magazines) Conde Nast shuttered this week, the news still hit me hard.
Many people cite online and mobile content as one of the main reasons for so many magazine closures. While I can certainly understand that, I can’t imagine living in a world free of print. There’s something wonderful about flipping through the pages of a glossy magazine. With just one glance at my office or living room, you’ll know immediately that I put my money behind those words.
With that, I give you my favorite links from the week.
- Editor Unleashed: Lisa Abeyta’s Life After Magazines
- Freelancedom Are You Scared Too?
- Webdesigner Depot The Most Controversial Magazine Covers of All Time
Fun with Language
- Marketing Profs Daily Fix Blog. Contributor Paul Williams “Iced, Tall, No-Shot Americano” What Your Ad Agency May Be Trying To Tell You
- Freelance Folder 5 Reasons Freelancers Can’t Ignore Twitter
- Smashing Magazine Freelance Contract Do’s and Don’ts
Did you read anything that particularly stuck with you this week? Share, please! The floor is yours.