How’s 2010 treating you? So far, I’ve had a great time with the kids in my life, including a birthday party for a one-year-old. And I’ve caught a sore throat and cold that left me voiceless—or sounding like Peter Brady in the episode where his voice was changing.
If this last week is any indication, this year will be filled with laughs and new adventures. I’m also eager to add new types of projects and clients. Variety always inspires me to be more creative.
This week’s reading picks range from a writing competition to great tips for landing new gigs to a helpful resource for grant writing. Here’s to the start of a fantastic New Year.
- Copyblogger How My Blog Landed Me a Book Deal (Larry Brooks)
- Hell or High Water Erma Bombeck Writing Competition
- The Urban Muse 10 Ways to Land New Projects in the New Year
- Freelance Folder Should You “Fake It” If a Client Asks for Something You Can’t Do?
- The Ultimate Guide To Grant Writing: 100 Tips, Tools, And Tutorials
Did you read anything in particular that stuck with you this week? Share, please! The floor is yours.